Thursday, November 25, 2010

YoYoGi! and a dachshund on a stump!

Yoyogi Park, one of the largest parks in Tokyo right next to Harajuku! I went here last Sunday and it was packed full of interesting people (Sunday is the best time to go here because it's when it's the most packed). The photo above shows the entrance to the park and the guys that are always in front of it street dancing. Bōsōzoku, Yankee, Greasers- whatever you want to call them- they were so awesome! I guess Dorothy says there's a lot of different groups and they have dance battles and their own style of music and look. 
Poodle Skirts!
The park is full of bike paths, flower gardens, picnic tables, basketball courts, dog run etc etc. Me and my friends went and had a picnic on a nice fall day.
It was just a really beautiful place with a lot of crazy things going on! Haha, walking through the park we saw many different types of dance troops practicing, a drum circle, people with lightsabers (who were legit!), acoustic performers, some power rangers (and a whole lot of other people in costume), dogs more fashionable than me, mimes, hulahoopers etc etc etc.While I didn't get any shots of them really, I did get to practice photography. Here's some more shots from the day:

And more fashion shots of Dorothy (developing her portfolio and my skills! haha)

I also saw these reeeally cute french bulldogs and was totes creeping on these people for a picture(I admit it)
Just look at this guy, he's taunting me by playing with the face rolls
Also saw this on the way out...Some guy playing with his remote control car (probably 60 years old?) and had his dachshund waiting on a stump.
(sorry crappy quality..it was getting dark)

Then you leave the park, turn left, and are back in this! (Harajuku Station is on the left)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ooh I really like that last picture!