Monday, November 8, 2010

上野動物園 Ueno Zoo

The gang
So last week we had Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday off from school! Wednesday was a national holiday so Dorothy and I went shopping (that'll be a different post haha) And then Friday was a Waseda only holiday so me and some friends hit up the Ueno Zoo!
Ready to see some aminals obviously.
Outside of the Zoo they had this restaurant that was advertising...."Pizza Coffee!" It reminded me of when I went to New York and saw the "Fried Chicken Pizza Breakfast" restaurant

But also at this restaurant...you could EAT IN SPAAACCE
I don't even know what this is trying to say?
Anyway! THE ZOO. Very very beautiful place, and all the animals were a lot more energetic seeming than like the animals at the Oregon Zoo....Here are some shots I got.
Lions
..Tigers!
Bears! Oh My!

Adorable Japanese child jumped in my shot.
This gorilla was all "hey wanna watch me eat grass?"
Glowing prairie dog..They also had an 'American Buffalo"

Intense Hippo
When you see it....
What a-holes.
HUGE TURTLE.
All around the zoo they had these bronze statues of animals, so whenever we saw one we made Dorothy pose on one, you know, to jump start her modeling career. Because according to America's Next Top Model, posing on animals is basically soooo high fashion. Haha, an inside joke I guess, but we decided "heck. we need to make a calendar out of these or something." so here it is:

January!
So High Fashion
Trying not to look scared haha
Aborable.
Jungle Queen
Emu aka DINOSAUR. AMIRITE?
Lol
Don't worry, I fo sho got some animal posing in too!
I'm a cowboy...imagine a hat in my hand.
Anyway....This zoo, like I said before, was just gorgeous. The next day when I was at home was like the first day I kinda felt home sick and I blame it on the zoo. Because just look at these next shots: so much greenery and it made me miss Oregon a bit. 
BTWs that's totally the tree from Fern Gully (at least in my mind it is)



Just...nature! I miss it. I'm glad the neighborhood I live in has greenery around it. But the city aspect will always be there y'know? 

Other shots of the day:
Besties
Kanako, always cute.
Cats in a basket outside the zoo? Totally cute. 

I want to go back. They usually have a giant panda....but it died a while ago I guess :<

No comments: