Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fright Night 2010

Halloween in Japan! I didn't think I was going to be able to celebrate it but the kids at Niji no Kai (international student club) had a halloween party on Saturday and it was a blast. After classes me and my friends got all dressed up ( I helped do makeup!) and then went and did Halloween Purikura and went to the Halloween Party. It was typhooning that night...but luckily by 9:30 it eased off!

So I bet you want to see my finished costume? Voila: school girl zombie  (the beginning of the new Resident Evil movie is a zombie in Tokyo haha! So this is reminiscent of that). 

Zombie on a Traaaain (riding the subway to the partay) Don't worry...I wasn't alone and embarrassing: There were like 70 other people dressed up and on the train too! 
Purikuraaa~
Haha we did purikura from this machine that was like "BAMBI GIRL!"
If you can't read what the machine says, here's what it says "Oshyare Bambi-na (fashionable bambi), A cute girl with eyes and legs like bambi"...YES JAPAN

Also, CLUB NOM: (where the partay was at, only open to the members of the international club)
Nick was Waldo (as in Where's waldo) and Kanako was a cat!

Giant pumpkin thing walking around...
Carolyn and Rachel
They were dressed up as Kiki and Gigi from a japanese movie called Kiki's Delivery Service!

And my friend Yuji dressed up as a teletubby cause he's hilarious basically hahah:

These were the scariest boys at the party: (I don't know if it was on purpose or not..but clowns!...and the boy on the right is supposed to be this japanese character called Doraemon which is a robot cat)

My friend Keichi is hilarious and went as a host club member (host clubs are places where women can go and pay to drink and flirt and talk with 'beautiful' men): 

We had bought this tie at the 100en store (dollar store) that says IKEMEN...it basically means like handsome dreamy boy haha! Everyone had fun messing around with it: 

Kanako again <3 She got a hold of Keichi's roses 

Everyone had fun, and I remember as soon as Lady Gaga came on everyone went nuts and danced on tables and the benches and sang as loud as they could haha (as they should!)
After the party me and some friends decided to go to an Izekaya (basically a restaurant...kind of?)
Kanako and Aiko
Me and Dorothy (yeah, I took off my makeup because it was wearing off at this point)
Daichi (background poser) is awesome haha
Ikemen deshou?
Nick may have gotten a bit tipsy? haha
 The next day was Sunday- and the first big baseball game between Waseda and Keio! (rival schools). Unfortunately we lost 2-0 (so it wasn't a very interesting game xD) But it was still interesting to see how cheering worked here. You can buy cheer packages when you get to the stadium which has all this Waseda gear and even comes with a list of the cheers so you can be awesome and follow along.
The thing is though I was so preoccupied with the cheering I didn't really know what was going on in the game! It's not like in America where the cheering reacts to what is going on..they just have certain times and patterns to follow for cheering here. Also it was funny, when I got home my host mom was all "is the stadium loud?" and I had to try and explain to her that my school's stadium (Autzen) is actually one of the loudest stadiums in the world- so this game wasn't loud at all to mee! haha
But it was fun to go and watch. Japanese culture is always polite and at the opening and closing of games the other fans cheer for the other teams (where as in America...we are not so polite to say the least)

Here's a short video I got of the cheering. Everyone would stand up when our team was up to bat, and then clap and sing basically the whole time until we were out.

No comments: