Friday, November 19, 2010

Camping and Disney Sea!

Firstly, look at this food:
That would be rice, with sprouts and some hamburger topped with Japanese mayonnaise (different than American mayo and SO GOOD) and an egg!
Also, this is one of my favorite things:
Green Tea Ice cream!

Anyway, this past weekend I went camping with Dorothy's boyfriend's club. We went to a place called Chichibu near Nagatoro. It was really nice to get away from the crowds of Tokyo for a few days.
We started out our weekend though, by pulling an all-nighter at this sports complex, where you could play arcade games, pool, a whole bunch of sports, or roller blade among a lot of other things.
There was this really racist game there haha, where you were two white cops and have to run around punching all these black guys. Yeah. That game so would not fly in Amuuurica.

Saturday we got to the campsite, and everyone spent most of the day napping haha! Then we stayed up super late again, and went to an Onsen on Sunday. Onsen is a Japanese hotspring...like a public bath. Where everyone gets naked and goes and showers then sits in hot pools (don't worry, girls and boys are seperated obviously...but I have to mention that because when I told my mom this she was all "A BUNCH OF GUYS SAW YOU NEKKKID?" No. ) 

anyway, photos:

NATURE

random people on a boat tour?

Oh and this is Dorothy getting ready for camping: which is one of the best photos ever btw.
Chicken Legs
Camping was really fun overall, I can't wait to go again! The people in Marco's club are all so nice.


Part II

 Wednesday night, my friends and I decided to hit up Disney Sea after our classes. In Tokyo, like California, there's two disney parks: Disney land and Disney Sea. Disney Sea is a bit smaller and has rides like Tower of Terror and Indiana Jones, but it also has a few I'd never been on before like Journey to the Center of the Earth. (although I guess you're supposed to go to Disney land with your friends, and Disney sea with your bf/gf because disney sea is prettier and romantic or something? I dunno, we had a big group of friends haha)  And if you go at 6 pm, it's like, half the entry price. So that's what we did! There weren't a lot of people there because the weather was kind of crappy that day (but luckily the rain cleared up for us...still cold though) which meant there were hardly any lines! It was so much fun!

All the Christmas decorations were out!
The monorail was Mickey themed of course
Most of the buildings were like, places around the world. So here was Venice
The American part
Tower of Terror! A castle- bit different from the creepy hotel in California (and makes less sense to me haha)

King Santa Triton and his Reindeer Dolphins all decked out for Christmas

And these my friends, are the Disney Sea specialty: The Gyoza Dog (the other specialty is the many different flavors of popcorn which were: milk tea, strawberry, caramel, black pepper etc.)
I don't even know how to describe this thing..it's just delicious haha. It's like a giant bun thing filled with meat! They call it a gyoza dog because it looks like a gyoza (pot sticker) and hot dog? hahaha
Enjoying the gyoza dog:


Last but not least, ride photos:
Tower of Terror
And jeez, I wish I would have bought this next one.... it's like, the best ride photo I've ever seen (I think because we weren't expecting it.) haha We look scared...but it was just Indiana Jones!

Dorothy's on the far right, and I'm next to her

That's all for now, except to say it's midterm time here, and it's kinda kicking my butt. So wish me luck, and I'll update after they're over!

No comments: