Sunday, December 5, 2010

Alice Cafe

Hey everyone! First thing: don't worry....my arm is better haha (thank you people for being concerned though. I feel loved)

Second thing, this is what I ate the other day for lunch:

That would be raw dericious tuna on top of rice, and then Udon noodles (the cup on the right is a sauce which you add the green onions and ginger too- it's one of my favorite foods here!@_@)

Anyway! Last night, some friends and I from the Team Europe Yataimura event we had last month had a little reunion dinner (remember the pictures of me with the mustache? That event!) We went to the Alice Cafe in Shinjuku.
The Pamphlet, Business card, and coaster from the cafe
Close up of the coaster
Now if you know me, you know I loove Alice in Wonderland- which made this cafe spectacular for me. You take an elevator into a basement (this is sounding creepy, but there's lots of restaurants in basements here) and enter this waiting room which had flowery wallpaper all over and fluffy fancy couches and the whole room was meant to like overwhelm you with the smell of flowers. We started wondering where the door was that actually led into the restaurant but all of a sudden, one of the walls just opened up and we were led to our table haha! This place was so cute. And all the waitresses were wearing Alice costumes....I wish I could have gotten more pictures but the lighting was really low.   I did get pictures of our food though:

First course, Salad with bacon and cheese.
Cheshire cat cracker!
Second Course: Fish and Chips!

Third Course:  Pizza-ish things (tomato, pesto and cheese!) They're supposed to be like Cheshire cat tails I guess.

Fourth Course: Pumpkin Pasta with ham

 Fifth Course: Chicken in the style of the cat's face! (scary now that I look at it again haha)

Last course: dessert!  Strawberry cream cakes

Here's a few other shots from the night:
Off with your head!
Me and Clare
Daichi drinking tea. That's his "fancy" face?
Boys love cake.
Here's the website for the place if you wanted more info on it: (there's actual pictures of the restaurant on the website as well) http://www.diamond-dining.com/alice/index.htm

_______________________________________________________

Yesterday I also went to go watch my friend's speech.  It was all in Japanese, so I couldn't understand very well because they were speaking so fast, but it was nice to go and listen and be there for support.
Kanako looking very professional (Aiko behind her gearing up for her speech next)

Let's see what else? That's about it for now. I'm going to do a fashion/shopping related post soon- but need to get some pictures from my friend's camera first. I'm going to end this post on some Purikura Dorothy and I did yesterday, cause we loooove the ridiculousness of it.
Today's Coordinate! Happy Day!
We are bambi!

4 comments:

L.Smejkal said...

Jealous! I want to go to a Alice in Wonderland restaurant!<3

Alexandra said...

your lunch looked so derricious - even though i don't eat fish! the alice restaurant looked like fun and the food looked tasty too. i loved all the themed crackers - so cute. it looked like a lot of food though! i'm a vegan, i fear that i might battle to find vegan food at restaurants and vegan convenience foods. what would you say?

Unknown said...

favorite pics. off with your head and Daichi's fancy face. what a character. Love you

Jessica said...

Can we go to the Alice and Wonderland restaurant?!