Saturday, January 1, 2011

Comiket and Dorothy's Birthday!

So, going to Comiket (big comic book convention) was really just me and a few friends running around and snapping photos of things we saw...Thus I can't really give details of how the convention was haha...
But I enjoyed it! We rode the train out to Odaiba first.

" Tokyo Big Sight"! Japan's largest convention center. Reminds me of something out of Tron

A big saw??? I dunno

Big Sight again

The majority of the time, we just hung out at the sanctioned cosplay area and took pictures of people in costumes.
I don't know what these guys were from....

OH HI CAP'N (x 2!!)  They were so funny.
 
Another Captain. Though this one is called Captain Harlock
 
 Dorothy told me before what this guy was from...but I forget already

Zetsubou Sensei (x 4) ! (That would be 'Despair teacher'...rough english translation...)It's like a dark comedy anime

Blaz Blue (video game)

Yotsuba I believe? :D 

More pirates <3 

And MORE pirates! Men from One Piece (probably the most popular manga in Japan right now) 

 And OMG THESE GUYS. Jesus and Buddha from a comic, which I studied in my Japanese Buddhist Art History class last term, called "Saint Young Men." It is hilarious- about Jesus and Buddha being roommates in a Tokyo apartment. 

This is probably the photo of the day though:   Japan does have its "kimochi warui" side :<  (translation: 'gross/bad feeling' haha)

More Characters from One Piece! There was a lot of One Piece cosplay, and most was very well done. 

Yes that would be 'wanted poster sanji' in the back

That's it for cosplay photos. We left the area and passed by this area...shocked.  Some people had bought SO many comics and merchandise they had to have it shipped home!

It was also Dorothy's Birthday on this day!!!! So we stopped by this Hello Kitty Store in the famous Venus Fort mall in Odaiba and did Purikura.
 SO MUCH PINK
Gangsta? Notice the Alopaca
JAPAN
Totem
 Then we headed for Dorothy's apartment where Marco (Dorothy's boyfriend and my big brother) made us NABE (delicious delicious Nabe is kinda like stew with eggs, tofu, mushrooms, cabbage, noodles etc etc and we also added kimchi and gyoza <3)

Hungry Boys: 

Excited for Nabe face! 

I had bought Dorothy a cake, but it turns out Marco bought her one too!

Me, Marco and Dorothy
Wonderful day...especially because Marco, as he is a wonderful big brother, gave me a windup Alpaca for Christmas.
ROCK ON.

1 comment:

nonko said...

Sweet~!!!!Alpaca!