Sunday, January 30, 2011

FREEDOMMMM

FINALS ARE OVER! All it took was 3 cups of coffee, some serious donut-ing at Mister Donuts, and tears. I think I did well though…we will see (I get my grades in March).
Waseda is so silly sometimes. My last final, which was for Japanese, was on Friday. And yet, they still wanted us to get up at the crack of dawn to go to our last Japanese class on Saturday (even though we already did the final? Uh what?)  Yes well, I slept in..and can you blame me?
Anyway- now I’m done till April, and I’m determined to make this the best spring break ever!

_______________________________________________________________

 Once upon a time I went to college at University of Oregon. My first Japanese teacher ever was a short little woman that would bustle around the classroom and be hilarious and cute (without trying). Well she turned out to be one of my favorite teachers there, and wrote me an awesome letter of recommendation that got me a scholarship for this trip. And then I heard she was moving back to Japan… Sad to hear- but that also coincides with ME AND DOROTHY LIVING IN JAPAN THIS YEAR.  So basically, Dorothy, me and Nick met up with her and ate CAKE BUFFET, and did purikura..MY LYFE IS COMPLETE YOU GUYS. (YOU SHOULD SEE HOW MUCH CAKE THIS LITTLE WOMAN CAN THROW BACK!) Another one of my current Japanese teachers joined us too! She studied at University of Oregon years ago so it was a nice little reunion. 

 At the cake buffet....THEY HAD MAKE YOUR OWN KAKIGORI (shaved ice) AND DECORATE YOUR OWN POCKY <3 <3 <3 

This was how my pocky turned out ...
IT SAYS 'MIKAELA' DUH
Dorothy was a little more pro...



______________________________________________________

 So the half way point is here. And the kids who are only "han-toshi" or half year studying, are going home soon. So we had a little going away party with tons of food and bingo and after party beers in the park. 

Imma miss my friends who are going home! But I will see them again in Oregon fo'sho.



It just makes me think of what I'll be doing in 6 more months...having to say goodbye to everyone here....





It's going to be hard.

1 comment:

We Love Me said...

I had my JPN final on Monday but still had to go to class Wednesday and Saturday T.T Didn't foresee this so I had skipped the max number you can skip and ended having to go to these last pointless classes ><

sucks that I missed the bye-bye party! DX Stupid having to be a grown up and choose work/fun T.T oh well... we need to get together and plaaaaaaaaan