Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spring Plans

One more week~ I can totes do this! Maybe~!

But seriously- 2 months off for spring break is the best thing in the world right now. Been saving money for traveling during this time:  I have plans to hit up Hokkaido (Japan's northern island) to go to Sapporo for the famous Snow Festival. Then, it's off to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam with one of my other Oregon friends, Jamie. After that~ My bestie pal and her older sis are coming to visit me :D IT IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME 2 MONTHS BASICALLY.

When you travel to foreign countries, most of the time you get your entry permit or special "I'm allowed to be in this country" paperwork at the airport....however, Vietnam required a special visa that we had to get ahead of time....So my friend and I had to track down the Vietnam Immigration Office in Tokyo~

Are all Immigration Offices this welcoming?

After walking around for half an hour (streets in Tokyo are sooo confusing), we finally found the building, with a HUGE Gate in front of us. The question "uh wat, how do we get in?" comes to mind... shall I open the giant spiked gate?....

Or shall I try the doorbell?
Eventually we noticed the little teeny arrow pointing to the right, and thus walked around the building, finding the "main entrance" to the office....
(70 bucks later we had our visas...but we weren't expecting it to be that expensive: the re-entry permit into Japan was only 30 X_X ......)

Anyway, now the technical planning is really starting on our trip. We're going to be doing a lot of spontaneous adventuring, but bought a South East Asia Lonely Planet guide book to help us with our route.
Oh and we also found this when buying the book...which I totes should have bought!! (don't know why I didn't! It's OBVIOUSLY something I can't live without)


(PS: Thanks to Jamie for the pictures since I forgot my camera this daaay =_=)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how would you get that home? It would need a suitcase of it's own. LOL.