Friday, October 29, 2010

RENKON, MY LOVE

So, among all the new things I've eaten here, renkon is my favorite (besides melon pan that is). Also known as 'Lotus Root' it's all super good for you and delicious.  I was a bit worried about eating it at first (looked like a radish or something that was going to taste bitter and gross) but I don't know what I'm going to do when I get back to America if there's no renkon...Someone check their safeway or whatever and tell me if it's there :< !

Looks like this: 
From website:  http://jellyfishenglish.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/renkon-b.jpg
And then! You cook it and stuff and it looks like this
Image from:  http://www.fukuokadreaming.com/?p=831
DERICIOUS 

My host mom jokes with me and was all *In japanese of course* "for your birthday, I'm going to make you a cake...with renkon all over it!" haha <3

This is now going to turn into a really random blog post of things I've been doing this week:
This is the Japan National Theater. It's where I went and met my friend Kanako and her mom and where we watched 2 traditional Japanese dance pieces! It was amazing (different, but so neat)

Raaaamen
Lunch with Dorothy and Marco (who is now known as my older brother basically. He buys me ice cream and defends me like a big bro should )
LOOK AT THAT GIANT BOWL OF RAMEN!
Marco was all yellin at me and Dorothy like "hurry up and eat or your noodles are going to get soggy!!!" because we were too busy talking about boys or whatever ;)


MISTER DONUTS
Ate at mister donuts again one day....  wrrrryyyyyyy dericioussss donutssss

I saw this cafe and thought of my older sis, Noelle...cause she's always calling me a spaz:

And finally this is for Stephanie, because after seeing my alpaca backpack keychain, she is obsessed with alpaca stuff...and they make a lot of it here! Feast your eyes:
Why is this so hilarious?

The top one is a hand warmer (put the little packets of hand warming things inside of the alpaca)...and the bottom ones are a bunch of things like you can put a warm bottle in one and put your hands in it to stay warm? I dunno japan...I. don't. know.

2 comments:

renae west said...

OMG Stephanie NEEDS the alpaca hand warmers... but we must make sure she only uses them for winter...

Stephanie said...

ALPACA ON MAH HANDS!!!! Need. Gah they are so cute. I wanna eat noodles and talk about boys with you and Dorothy.